Wipe mean w

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My smart tablet says it will wipe after 2 more failed attempts on the pattern to open. And I forgot the pattern to open.... How can I open it if I forgot the pattern....;( *****/:)???..

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My smart tablet says it will wipe after 2 more failed attempts on the pattern to open. And I forgot the pattern to open.... How can I open it if I forgot the pattern....;( *****/:)???..
So you're saying the you forgot the pattern that you personally set up and have been using for some time? That doesn't add up. Lock screens are just that, locks to protect your data. Setting one and not paying attention to what you set, or forgetting the pattern/pin/password is the equivalent of locking up your home and throwing away all the keys.

This data wipe after x-number of attempts is a security feature to prevent a thief from stealing the device and brut forcing their way into it by trying all possible patterns. Everyone makes a mistake now and then, which is why you get multiple tries, but it's assumed the end user paid attention to what they were doing when setting up an important security feature. If you fail enough times for it to reset itself and trip factory reset protection, you'll lose all data not backed up. To set it up again, you'll be required to verify the Google account login and password of the person that was logged in before the reset (I.e. Owner verification).