Question Unusual Touchscreen Issue

JL Picard

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this is redundant or etc; I only want to describe the problem with as much detail as to be clear & cut down on basic questions...

My tablet (cheap blue model) has a tiny chip and a couple of cracks out from there but no major damage. The touch screen was still working great until recently when the pattern screen became unresponsive.

The 1st initial picture screen still seems to be 100% responsive. It opens up either ⬆ or ⬇ & if I swipe ↔↘↙↖↗ it moves the picture like it should - like the touch is accidental or just the wrong directional. But when I do open up the pattern lock screen, then it becomes unresponsive. It does this no matter how many times I turn off the screen and reopen OR restart. I don't understand why only 1 screen is not recognizing touch. Any help?

JL Picard

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible that the touch is faulty in only the central part of the screen.

Does it also happen in Safe Mode? I'm going to assume that you have a Blu M8L: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/blu/blu-m8l-2022/safe-mode/
Thank you for the advice
Yes I just figured out that some of the screen is never working (but the top pattern dots are in the working area so they should light up)
I can't get into safe mode. I can't even do a hard reset bc holding the power button only makes the screen go dark and then does a power reset. Every avenue to do a simple power off in the menu is in the non working area
I am very technologically educated and generally whip them in shape pretty quick but not this one. I'm very disgusted. Ready to toss it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the pitfalls of budget devices from smaller brands -- poorer quality control. If it's still under warranty, you could try contacting Blu. Otherwise, e-cycle it or sell it for parts, and look for a tablet from a better-known manufacturer like Samsung or Lenovo (both of whom make decent budget tablets). Nokia and TCL are also worth checking out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000