my galaxy s7 edge suddenly died

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Nothing really happened. I just let my phone rest on the table and when I tried to open it was turned off. I tried to turn it on but nothing happened. Tried volume down+power button nothing again. Tried charging it, no response. Even the red light won't turn on when I connect my phone to the charger. Tried the same thing the next day nothing. I don't know if this is normal. It would be very helpful if someone has any good idea how to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge undisturbed for at least 6 hours. Then press and hold Power for about 30 seconds. If nothing happens, then the battery has probably failed. You'd have to bring it to a repair shop to replace the battery.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

lenci_ngavishnja

Jul 28, 2021
Visit site
Yeah should replace it , stick something name brand and quality because some of those replacement battery are old also being on the shelf.

Someone in a repair shop said that usually these problems aren't connected with the battery. The cause is (I didn't hear very well what he said) the platinium or something like that. Do you have any idea about this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Someone in a repair shop said that usually these problems aren't connected with the battery. The cause is (I didn't hear very well what he said) the platinium or something like that. Do you have any idea about this?
Never heard of "platinum" related to phone not booting up, you have either hardware issue like motherboard or battery issue , since you mentioned 4 years old I'm thinking start with that but don't forget this phone is older now so might be best money spent on something newer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz