doubt with the program installation package

Seth Volcano

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone, I was looking at the battery usage levels of my cell phone, and I found these 3 apps, "help with the access package", "package installation program" and "facebook app manager" (the 3 that have the android icon), I am struck by the installation program of the package, since investigating it says that it runs with applications that are not downloaded directly from the play store, I also found that the facebook app manager downloads and installs updates from facebook outside the play store. My question is: Does that mean then that the 3 apps are related to each other? Or should I suspect something? By the way, I reset this cell phone to its factory settings 3 days ago, all the applications that I have downloaded have been from the play store and are verified by google play protect, besides, I have malwarebytes installed (running a daily analysis) and no has found nothing wrong.

Well, apparently I can't upload XD images, so I comment that the package access help has 0.11% consumption and is running, the package installation program has 0.09% consumption and is stopped, and facebook app manager has 0.06% consumption and is stopped.

I just rechecked, and both facebook app manager and package installer are running.

Edit: I didn't find the option to send another answer XD I just wanted to ask one last question: So I shouldn't worry about that? And thank you very much for your answers!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Those all sound like preinstalled system apps. The package installer would be a system app used to install apps, including apk files you might download from the web (which would require Unknown Sources to be toggled on). I wouldn't be worried about this.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited:

Seth Volcano

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy, thanks for your answer, I was the one who asked the question. The phone is Huawei P10 Lite, and I do not have the option to install applications of unknown origin activated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter that the Unknown Sources option isn't turned on -- the package installer is used to install apps regardless of the source.

I made you the owner of the original guest post.

Seth Volcano

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
wtf, this page is very strange XD I saved the changes from the thread I did and changed the interface, and now I can respond. I just have the question that I added in the thread, that if then I shouldn't worry about it. Sorry for the intensity and thanks for your answers!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might have brought up the Q&A format of the thread, which doesn't have a reply option. I'm not really sure why they designed it that way.:-\ If you ever get that format, then just delete the very end of the URL up to the "html" part, and it should look normal again.

I think those apps are normal system apps, so nothing to worry about.