why does phone say 'viewing live page' occasionally when on a browser

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which browser? Does it show up as a system notification? Show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

There are many possible explanations that are more plausible than the phone being compromised, so there's no need to jump to that conclusion immediately.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Sagnik Das259

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
I have Android 11
Motorola one fusion plus
And it's not just me, a small fraction of people have spoken of this but no solutions posted online to my knowledge.
Many times whenever I open the keyboard on any webpage in Chrome, I get redirected? to another page. And the message (Viewing Live Page) pops up on the bottom of my screen. The page that is shown may or may not be present in my tabs. Sometimes it's a page I closed recently. Sometimes it's just another open tab.
So it will pop up everytime I click on a text field and makes it difficult to type.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have Android 11
Motorola one fusion plus
And it's not just me, a small fraction of people have spoken of this but no solutions posted online to my knowledge.
Many times whenever I open the keyboard on any webpage in Chrome, I get redirected? to another page. And the message (Viewing Live Page) pops up on the bottom of my screen. The page that is shown may or may not be present in my tabs. Sometimes it's a page I closed recently. Sometimes it's just another open tab.
So it will pop up everytime I click on a text field and makes it difficult to type.
Welcome to AC!

Have you tried to reset chrome by clearing its data then force stop?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It has to do with if Chrome initially shows you a page preview (e.g., if web connection is initially unreliable, or if the website's server is delayed). You'll see "Preview" appear in the URL bar when this happens. Once the web connection is restored or the server catches up, the Preview designation will disappear from the URL bar, and you'll temporarily see "Viewing Live Page" at the bottom of the screen.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
LivePage is a developer tool which reloads website resources (such as CSS, HTML and JavaScript) as they change on the server, so you are always looking at the most up-to-date version of a web page. It can make developing websites a lot faster, by helping productivity.

Sagnik Das259

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys
Thanks for the responses and the related topic.
So I do have unstable internet at times.
Also, I reset Chrome but I'll have to give it a couple of days to see if it worked. Because this issue isn't a regular occurrence.

Can I turn off this preview feature?
Because if I'm typing, it just makes things very difficult...
I already turned off the pre loading of pages on Chrome a few days ago thinking that might work. But it didn't help.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't see a way to turn that off in Chrome on Android. Just curious, how does it make typing difficult? Does what you're typing disappear once the Preview changes to Viewing Live Page?

Sagnik Das259

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't see a way to turn that off in Chrome on Android. Just curious, how does it make typing difficult? Does what you're typing disappear once the Preview changes to Viewing Live Page?

That's correct... Suppose I'm typing
Then out of the blue, I'm taken to a live page... now I've learnt to press backspace on the keyboard to view my original tab but again when I open the keyboard and type, it takes me back. This back and forth action is just annoying when it happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech