Galaxy xcover pro fingerprint scanner issue

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have set up my cover pro to use both pin and fingerprint scanner to unlock. Shortly after I noticed that the phone would wake without me touching it and repeat the error about the fingerprint scanner being dirty even though I did not try to wake or unlock it and the scanner button is clean.

I tried disabling the features to auto-wake when picking the phone up and to keep the screen active when a face is detected, said I have to press the fingerprint button to wake the phone, then scan my fingerprint as a separate action, but the issue persists.

This is impacting my battery life since my phone will not stay in sleep mode. Even if I leave it face down, more often than not when I pick it up the screen is active and the error that I need to clean the fingerprint scanner is just repeating constantly across the top of the screen. If I place the phone in sleep mode and leave it face up there is a good chance that after a few minutes the phone screen will come on and start repeating the same message even if I have not touched the phone at all. I like having the ability to unlock my phone with a fingerprint, but I hate that the feature seems to be killing my battery.

Does anyone know how to make it so the fingerprint scanner stops waking my phone randomly other than disabling the feature entirely?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Atroxus

Mar 29, 2022
Visit site
Ya, the button is clean, and I don't have a case cover or screen protector, as I was hoping that the xcover pro would be as sturdy as my S8 Active.(it certainly doesn't feel like it is, but that's another subject)

Atroxus

Mar 29, 2022
Visit site
As a side note, am I imagining things, or did previous galaxy phones give patch notes after each software update? I ask because I didn't see any patch notes after the updates on my xcover.