TouchPal X Keyboard + TouchPal Input

A

AC Question

Was Unable to completely remove Touchpal keyboard from android 4.1.1 using CleanMaster without activating the keyboard when asked. Seems to be a corrupted uninstall as a result, as TouchPal Input option and icon still remains. Tried to reinstall Touchpal keyboard from google playstore but offers update option instead. Update download terminates partially with server error. How to completely get rid and delete the app and its associated folders from the phone completely. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is there a reason why you used CleanMaster to uninstall it, instead of just going to the Google Play app page and tapping Uninstall? Or going to Settings>Apps​, selecting TouchPal, and tapping Uninstall? Were those methods failing?

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue but I don't even know what the CleanMaster thing is so my method of trying to uninstall was going to the settings and uninstalling through the application menu. But my phone shows that the application is NOT there but Google says that it IS installed and my keyboard is still the Touchpal X keyboard. I don't like it AT ALL. Want it removed. Please HELP!!!!????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What is listed as your default keyboard? Go to Settings>Language & Input. If it's Touchpal, do you have any other keyboard you can change the default to, like Google Keyboard? Do that first. Then go to the Google Play Store, search for Touchpal, and then Uninstall there if the button shows up. Alternatively, go to Settings>Apps>All, and search for Touchpal. Select it--is there an Uninstall button? Tap it. Let us know if it remains installed.

What device do you have? Did you install Touchpal yourself, or did it come preinstalled? If it was preinstalled, then you can't uninstall it--however, you should be able to disable it in Settings>Apps>All.

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
As I said before, my phone shows that the app is not installed anywhere but the keyboard is, indeed, there. So, there are no options to go anywhere to uninstall it. Only an option to INstall it. I have already gone through all of the steps that you took me through but, once again, as I said in my previous post, my phone shows that the app is not installed. I cannot uninstall something that the phone does not recognize as being there BUT the keyoard is NO DOUBT the keyboard that it was installed. And, yes, I installed it myself thinking that it was something else. My device is a Samsung Galaxy S5. Thank you for your help.
and I cannot change it to the default Samsung keyboard. It is just totally not highlighted for me to click on it as an option now.

KaseyRClark

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I really like Touchpal. It's been my favorite for a long time. But I would like to know if there is a way to disable /delete foreign language symbols and letters completely. I have absolutely NO need for any accented letters or words and I'm getting a bit tired of typing an n with a ~ over it every time I try to type a ?

I would like to remove ALL of the accented letters from my keyboard all together is there a way I can do that or is it time for a different kayboard?

caliiiiint

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey. Like I have this android phone with the touchpal x already installed in it. And then yeah it's service is really good. And then yesterday when i tried typing the touchpal keyboard suddenly disappeared. And then i have a hard time turning it back. So I tried to turn the keyboard back to android aosp and then yeah the keyboard lane went back, i also then tried to change the input method back to touchpal x, but then again, it did not come out. What's wrong????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae