Should I factory reset? help

A

AC Question

okay well here goes i have the Lg optimus f3 and i love it! point is that around a week ago on fathers day weekend my phone started acting up? the camera/ camcorder app dissapear from my app page. if its not that one its the gallery app i can tap on the app but it wont take me to the galley. I have contacted lg customer service and they emailed saying just to go under setting and enable it. well i tried that and the the camera app is not there? can anyone one help me? anyone have tips or advice? will factory reseting my phone help? :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say the Camera app disappeared from your app page, do you mean the App Drawer--i.e., the full list of your apps? Or do you mean the homescreen, which is just for shortcuts to the apps? So if you tap on the App Drawer button (usually a circle with 6 dots inside), you don't see Camera there?

If it isn't in the App Drawer, then go to Settings>Apps, and swipe over to see if it's Disabled. On KitKat and later versions of Jellybean, there's a separate list of Disabled apps right next to All. On earlier versions of Android, Disabled apps are at the bottom of the All list. If you see Camera in the Disabled list, then tap it, and tap Enable.

You've tried rebooting the phone, right? If none of this helps, you might have to try a factory reset, which will wipe the phone, so make sure you backup any important data first.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and you scrolled all the way down the All list?

If it's not there, see what happens if you go to Google Play and search for Google Camera. Install it if you can.

Otherwise, you may have to do a factory reset. Remember to backup all of your data beforehand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12