problem to update Google play services

T

thanosar

I can't update Google play services. The error says can't install to the default location. I have space. Sorry for my English.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? Is Google Play Services trying to update over the air automatically, or are you trying to install it manually? Are you rooted?

adlfrank

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I am using a Kyocera Event phone running Android 4.0.4. Also experiencing the same issue: the phone would always receive numerous prompts daily to update Google Play Services. Upon doing so, however, the updates would fail, with prompts saying: "Not enough space for apps" or something to that effect.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You need enough internal storage space to download the file, then apply the update. Most phones these days need close to 1GB free just for the system, and won't download or update if that would mean writing to the system area. (Your phone may require only 400MB-500MB free - but remember, you have only 1.2GB available when you get the phone. Android sits in the rest.) A phone with 1.2GB free storage to start is tripping on its whiskers with modern apps (that, because people who don't know how to write code are releasing apps, keep getting larger).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
WOW!

"This means you'll be getting the latest virus definitions, malware protection and security patches every six weeks." Really? That's great - for virus writers. My antivirus program sometimes updates 4 or 5 times A DAY. Updating every couple of weeks means that your protection programs are just wasting resources. (It's the best Google can do, but that doesn't mean that it's the right way to do it.) Someone writes a virus that can steal your passwords. You run the phone with that virus running, sending your passwords to its server, for 6 weeks. Then you get an update that wipes the virus out? Just pile all your money on your lawn - it's a lot safer.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^I'm sorry Ruks I guess I was just trying to answer the OP's question, without being aware of any dangers involved. Perhaps you would be so kind as to request the Moderators to remove the link, if you see fit. I will not do so myself because it would mean removing also the quoted part of your post, which I should not presume to do.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Nah, if they read the link they'll probably read my comment, and they can do as they please. (I was in Best Buy yesterday [aren't I brave?] and while waiting to be helped I struck up about 20 conversations. Three people in the store [of those I spoke to], including me and one of the more knowledgeable sales associates, had our phones backed up. Of the other 17, most hadn't ever heard of backing phones up.) I let people do what they want, unless I think it'll result in an amputation or death. You want your phone full of viruses? Fine with me, it's not my phone.

codester16

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
whenever i try to download the most recent update which is 35 mb it says that there is "insufficient space available". but when i go to download something like dead trigger it downloads just fine and dead trigger is at least 3 times as big. so whats wrong with my phone?

filxy

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I am us amazon fire OS 4.6.6.1 when Google play services is automatically updated to new version 10 my Google play store screen shows white blank page only showing my account email also whenever I open any app it gives me a popup saying it wants to track details about how I use my phone and apps to allow or deny and after pressing anyone of the my app crashes but if I am using older version 9 apps are working fine still maps ,youtube and few apps not working every time asking me to update Google play services to new version else it won't work.please help what should I do so I can run all my apps without crashing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01