s3 Crashing

A

AC Question

Just added latest software to s3, phone was stuck in loop managed to sort it out, phone now crashes and is slow/unresponsive what can i do to sort out ??

Thanks Ryan

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You could try booting into your stock recovery and clearing cache. Otherwise you could be faced with a full factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... Sounds like something goofed in the update for sure. Do you have store or carrier warranty/insurance on it? It might be worth exercising that option to see if they can help. It almost sounds like the device needs to have the OS reloaded onto it which can only be done by unlocking the bootloader in turn voiding the warranty.

Unless someone else has some suggestions I'm pointing toward one of those rare situations where something went wrong with the update or possibly a hardware related issue (motherboard) that might be causing this.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this is odd.. If factory resets and all hasn't helped then I'm leaning toward a possible glitch in the update which would require unlocking of the bootloader and flashing it again or the possibility of hardware issues which we've seen before on different devices causing strange occurrences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech