Constant Security Police Update notifications in new KitKat on Verizon Galaxy S3

A

AC Question

The update to KitKat arrived on my Verizon Galaxy S3 last week. Since then, no matter how often I dismiss it, a badge keeps reappearing in the notification bar. The notification reads "Security policy updates - The latest security update has already been ...." I went into Settings and turned off automatic security policy updates but it still happens." It's very annoying to be told repeatedly that no update was needed when I didn't ask for one. Even if I had automated updates turned on, why would I want it to notify me every time it checks for an update and one *isn't* there?

haldroidx

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The problem went away almost right after my original post. It happens that it went away immediately after I replaced the battery. The old battery had become slightly bloated with age, causing the back cover to keep popping off. Either the two issues were connected or it's coincidence.

voltron8myHat

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my S5.
"Security policy updates The latest security policy has already been applied. No further action is needed."

If that's the case, why am I reminded three or four times a day?!

I would REALLY like to know how to disable this notification, but I can't seem to find any information anywhere.

hybucket

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just started getting a daily prompt about a Samsung Security Update for Android on one of my S3 phones (but not on the other). I did a search to see if this was legit, and found a few things on it (like something about Samsung Knox app, which does not appear in my app drawer), but nothing on how to disengage this annoying prompt every day. Is there any info on this, and why it is doing it to just one phone (both are on Kit Kat, on AT&T)?

Julia Hoffman

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Me too, on my Verizon Galaxy S3. A few days ago I saw a notice demanding that I update my Security Policy. I did that, and now get constant, repeating notifications at the top of my screen, saying "Security Policy Updates Your security policy has been updated to the latest version. No further action is needed." I hope a solution is found before I hurl my beloved phone across the room and cross over to the dark side.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung and AT&T and Verizon have modified Android to be a corporate workplace operating system. Knox is part of that. (And about the worst way to do it that I can think of. Even Safestrap would be better.)

As for why one is doing it and the other isn't, not anything more than guesses without seeing the phones. Same baseband versions? Same kernel dates?

If you want to root the one with the notifications, you can run Xposed Installer with the Notify Clean module (from Xposed Module Repository) to tell it to not show that notification (or any notification that annoys you - I have about a dozen I'm using it to kill).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer