Galaxy s4 screen goes off and on!!help

A

AC Question

I've bought recently a Galaxy s4 i9505. The problem here is sometimes out of nowhere i touch the phone and the screens goes dark without blocking or anything then i have to press some button to show again the image and then it goes off again when i touch the screen. Is this a problem of the cellphone or definitions ?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I may have misunderstood you but you could try Settings>Display>Sleep, and make adjustments there to the time setting.

Posted via Android Central App

masterblackbird

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
ok so i discover what it is. Everytime i cover a sensor in the part above or the side of the cellphone it goes off the screen without even locking and i have suposedly the pause sensor or suspesion sensor turned off...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I beg your pardon, I thought you had solved your problem. Can you describe exactly where this sensor is, because I'm not sure which one you mean. Is it the front-facing camera, the phone earpiece, or what?

masterblackbird

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
on the column that is above of the word samsung and all those sensors in that area make my phone screen go off and then when i take my finger it turns back on but if i ever obstruct them with something they automatically do that without me doing anything

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the S4 and don't know, from looking at pictures of it, what those features are.
May I suggest that you ask your question again in the Samsung forum?

I also appeal to S4 owners who may be able to help here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez