Question Missed calls notifications not showing on lock screen

mare777

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site
Hi, i recently bought Zte v40s phone and its a ok phone for the price i paid. But the most annoying thing is that the missed calls notifications wont show on AOD or lock screen. I have to unlock my phone and then i could see missed calls on the phone icon and notification bar. I went through all the settings, permissions etc. installed 3rd party apps but no avail. I dont know if this is some bug in the software or something else. Can someone help?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

I did a quick search and found that this topic has been discussed here before. In this thread... https://forums.androidcentral.com/t...-notifications-on-lockscreen-and-aod.1023060/

Anyway the conclusion in that thread was that Google's Dialer app produced the missed call notification. Not if you'd be willing to try that but you can find it on the Play Store. It maybe listed as Google Phone and it replaces the app used to make calls. Check out the thread and let us know what you find.

Reactions: mustang7757

mare777

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site
Its already came with google phone app pre installed as a default, ive tried to download older version of the app, disable it clear the data cache, disable it but its still the same. One thing ive noticed when i have some 3rd party app that is not google phone/dialer and the latter disabled i can get notifications but i cant see who is calling me, my phone rings but the screen wont lit up it just stays black. I dont know is this some android 12 bug or this particular model software bug.

mare777

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site
My bad, its actually when i disable google phone and any 3rd party phone app that i can see notifications, but then i cant see who's calling me of course. I've noticed then that the notifications are provided with the system app called phone calls that cant be disabled. Any more suggestions?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully I didn't reply to this in another thread. Not that I haven't done that before but I'm positive I wrote a reply.

Anyway you're probably not going to like my reply. You mention 3rd party apps, well my suggestions are based around 3rd party apps. First, I was thinking of changing your launcher. Launchers like Nova and others offer several different options that native ones don't and they also offer customizations that users often cannot find natively.

If you had a Samsung I would recommend Good Lock which has an addon called Lockstar that offers lock screen options that customizations. I don't know if Samsung offers this for other manufacturer's devices but you could look on the Play Store. You'd have to get Good Lock, then add the addon, Lockstar and look through the options.

Finally there's are apps that can send you notifications or generate them. The fist that comes to mind is one that I use called Tasker but it will matter how important this is for you. Tasker is a paid app that also requires some learning. It can do a wide variety of things far beyond this so I wouldn't recommend it if you only plan to this one thing but there are several others, some that are free on the Play Store. I don't believe any are as powerful as Tasker but they might offer some simple tasks that can push notifications. You'll have to test and do some trial and error to figure out if one of them can help.

One thing that just occurred to me is looking up Google Dialer anyway. I know you say that your device came with it but I remember a time when I had a pre-installed app that I found another version of on the Play Store. Same app but one was the manufacturer's offering and differed somehow from the Play Store version. Like they tweaked it for their device...? Beyond that, unless someone else has suggestions I'm about tapped. It's just odd that it would work for someone installing the app but not for someone who's device came with it. Also odd that it a device wouldn't do it natively. That seems like exactly the type of thing someone would use AOD for. Oh and just because that was what I found, I would do my own searches. I stopped after finding one that appeared to have an answer. I'm sure there are more.

Reactions: mare777

mare777

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site
Hopefully I didn't reply to this in another thread. Not that I haven't done that before but I'm positive I wrote a reply.

Anyway you're probably not going to like my reply. You mention 3rd party apps, well my suggestions are based around 3rd party apps. First, I was thinking of changing your launcher. Launchers like Nova and others offer several different options that native ones don't and they also offer customizations that users often cannot find natively.

If you had a Samsung I would recommend Good Lock which has an addon called Lockstar that offers lock screen options that customizations. I don't know if Samsung offers this for other manufacturer's devices but you could look on the Play Store. You'd have to get Good Lock, then add the addon, Lockstar and look through the options.

Finally there's are apps that can send you notifications or generate them. The fist that comes to mind is one that I use called Tasker but it will matter how important this is for you. Tasker is a paid app that also requires some learning. It can do a wide variety of things far beyond this so I wouldn't recommend it if you only plan to this one thing but there are several others, some that are free on the Play Store. I don't believe any are as powerful as Tasker but they might offer some simple tasks that can push notifications. You'll have to test and do some trial and error to figure out if one of them can help.

One thing that just occurred to me is looking up Google Dialer anyway. I know you say that your device came with it but I remember a time when I had a pre-installed app that I found another version of on the Play Store. Same app but one was the manufacturer's offering and differed somehow from the Play Store version. Like they tweaked it for their device...? Beyond that, unless someone else has suggestions I'm about tapped. It's just odd that it would work for someone installing the app but not for someone who's device came with it. Also odd that it a device wouldn't do it natively. That seems like exactly the type of thing someone would use AOD for. Oh and just because that was what I found, I would do my own searches. I stopped after finding one that appeared to have an answer. I'm sure there are more.
Thanks for the advices, I've run out of ideas to be honest and its pretty annoying problem that i cant resolve. One thing i noticed is when my phone is on the lock screen in the exact time someone calls me(missed calls me) then the notification will display normally , in any other scenario phone will send me directly to home screen(where i could see notifications on the phone icon and status bar) instead to lock screen where i could see notification on it, its like the phone thinks I've saw the notification and removed it from the lock screen if that make any sense . Again this is only affected with missed calls notifications, other apps display notifications on lock screen and AOD just fine

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that adds a new aspect to this if the behavior is like acknowledgement vs just not delivering the notification. You never mentioned it but in the thread I shared the OP said that if they unlocked the phone and locked it again the notification would show up on the AOD screen. Is this the same for you? I ask because that would be the opposite of acknowledging receipt. At that point it's just displaying an unacknowledged notification taking us back to zero.

I was also wondering if it mattered what notification level was being used, like detailed, brief/private, because there are ways to not display sensitive information and who's calling, maybe not a call in general but people sometimes want to keep who's calling private.

mare777

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site
Ys
Yeah that adds a new aspect to this if the behavior is like acknowledgement vs just not delivering the notification. You never mentioned it but in the thread I shared the OP said that if they unlocked the phone and locked it again the notification would show up on the AOD screen. Is this the same for you? I ask because that would be the opposite of acknowledging receipt. At that point it's just displaying an unacknowledged notification taking us back to zero.

I was also wondering if it mattered what notification level was being used, like detailed, brief/private, because there are ways to not display sensitive information and who's calling, maybe not a call in general but people sometimes want to keep who's calling private.
Yeah, i could say it is similar problem like the one you shared... Ill try to record screen and attach them here with different scenarios so you could see what i mean

mare777

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site

Here are the examples : https://streamable.com/ew93e3
https://streamable.com/4w4b7c

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos