Galaxy Note 3 Camera takes long to launch

jrortega9

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Ive had my Galaxy note 3 for about 4 months now. And ive actually been having this problem for a few weeks now. When I need to use my camera and click the camera app, the camera shows up but is just black. Then about 6 to 10 seconds later, it works. Also when switching to video, instead of pressing the video to quickly switch, it takes me about 4 taps to the video button for it to finally switch. Any help with this?? Thank you.

jrortega9

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
thanks for your reply. i tried both of the things you recommended. still doesn't open properly. i will say that it launches 1 second quicker than before. but still nonetheless takes long, and video still takes a couple of taps for it to work. also programs that use the camera, like instagram, aren't working properly in the camera mode as well. any other recommendations?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not a perfect solution, but you could consider installing a 3rd party camera app. If that doesn't work, then there's probably something wrong with the camera itself, either hardware or firmware.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
4 months should still be within manufacturer warranty. Contact Samsung for warranty repair information.

You could also try calling your wireless provider. When I used to have a Droid Incredible, it was exhibiting a bunch of problems, so when I called Verizon about it and went through it in detail with them, the agent ultimately decided to send me a replacement phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87