Question one plus Nord ce 3 hangs up and poor performance

rupeshforu3

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have brought oppo Nord ce 3 and it frequently hangs up and performance is very slow.

My phone has 8 gb ram and Qualcomm Snapdragon 788g processor but still the performance is slow. It came with Android 13.

I brought oppo Nord ce 3 10 days back and after that I have installed os update through ota. The update was security update I mean it is not an update to Android 14. At present my phone is running Oxygen os Android 13.

Actually my phone has an 512 gb external memory card Samsung and it is loaded with MP3 and other files. I usually listen to music and copy from internal memory to external memory card and vice versa.

So I have installed es explorer file manager and solid explorer file manager.

Whenever I try to launch es explorer file manager and open the directory containing music files it shows message as loading and even after two minutes it still shows message as loading and finally opens.

When I switch to another app like folder player and play music and come back to es explorer the last opened folder is last and it starts from the beginning and when I try to open the same previous directory it still shows message as loading upto two minutes.

The same thing is happening with solid explorer also.

Along with one plus Nord ce 3 I have brought oppo pad air which has Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor and 6 gb ram and it's performance is ten times better than one plus Nord ce 3.

One plus Nord ce 3 has better hardware than oppo pad air but still the performance is ten times lower.

Regarding one plus Nord ce 3 everything is working fine except that file system is slow and I think it has ufs 2.1 and not ufs 3.1.

Suppose I open any text editor and enter some text and keep it away for five minutes and after that try to open the same text editor the previously entered text is lost.

When I open es explorer file manager and keep away for five minutes and after that try to open the same es explorer file manager the previous opened directory is last and it starts from the beginning.

When I am examining files in es explorer file manager the folder player music player stops playing I mean it is hang.

With in 20 minutes the music player stops or hangs upto three times.

I have selected option allow background activity and even selected option don't optimise for the following apps

1) es explorer file manager
2) folder player music player
3) solid explorer

There is no use and finally I have selected option high performance mode under battery section and even no use I mean es explorer starts from the beginning.

Finally what I want to say is it's not keeping background activity.

As my phone has 8 gb ram only 4 gb ram is being used and remaining 4 gb ram is free. I have noticed ram usage under running services of developer options.

Kindly try to suggest what is the reason behind app hangs and how to improve my phone performance.

Regards,
Rupesh.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is performance still poor in Safe Mode? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/oneplus/oneplus-nord-ce-3-lite/safe-mode/. You'll only be able to test preinstalled apps, but that should still give you an idea. If performance is much faster in Safe Mode, that would suggest that something you installed is bogging things down. This could include things like antivirus apps (which are generally unnecessary on Android, as long as you don't make a habit of visiting shady sites or installing apps from unreliable sources).

rupeshforu3

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have noticed a number of entries related to power and performance they are

Turn on high performance mode
Sleep stand by optimisation
Power saving mode on or off

Specially for apps I found the following

Under "optimise battery use" section of battery I found three entries for each app auto-optimise,don't optimise, always ask.

Under the app management I found the following entries for each app

Pause app activity if unused
Allow foreground activity
Allow background activity
Allow auto launch
Force stop

I can't understand why there are this many number of entries for battery use and app background.

Upto now I have not found such entries in any device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have entered safe mode but I can't find es explorer and folder player apps.
I mentioned before that you can only use preinstalled apps in Safe Mode. But this should still give you an idea about how the phone performs (e.g., using the browser, or apps like YouTube). This is a troubleshooting mode to see if something you installed is contributing to the problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have noticed a number of entries related to power and performance they are

Turn on high performance mode
Sleep stand by optimisation
Power saving mode on or off

Specially for apps I found the following

Under "optimise battery use" section of battery I found three entries for each app auto-optimise,don't optimise, always ask.

Under the app management I found the following entries for each app

Pause app activity if unused
Allow foreground activity
Allow background activity
Allow auto launch
Force stop

I can't understand why there are this many number of entries for battery use and app background.

Upto now I have not found such entries in any device.
These are all fairly standard options. Some phones have more options to control app activity than others (typically Chinese brands that are more obsessed with battery life -- but these kinds of options can cause problems with how the apps were meant to function).

rupeshforu3

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
What is the meaning of the following options

1) Allow foreground activity

2) Allow background activity

3) Allow auto launch

4) pause app activity if unused

5) Auto optimise

6) Don't optimise

7) Always ask

All of the above are present for each and every app.

Along with the above there are even more options or entries

1) Don't keep activities

2) High performance mode

3) Power saving mode

4) Optimise battery usage

The above are some only which I have noticed and even there are more hidden.

Upto now I have used a number of Android devices since 12 years and for all I found a single entry called "Allow Background Activity" and nothing else.

Among the options listed above if I turn on one option and turn off other option is there any disaster going to happen.

Kindly try to suggest which option to turn on and which option to turn off so that everything works fine ignoring battery drain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Returning your phone is completely dependent on the return policy of the place of purchase, so check with them.

Those options you see are likely firmware customizations from OnePlus, since the purest Google Android experience (i.e., the Pixel) only has options for Unrestricted, Optimized, and Restricted for battery usage per app. The expanded settings on your OnePlus phone can sometimes be useful, but as I previously mentioned, they can also cause issues with performance, because they run counter to how Android is supposed to operate. Typically, it's best to let the system control when an app is closed out from RAM. When the manufacturer starts adding options to kill apps too aggressively, that can paradoxically lead to worse performance and battery life.

Reactions: rupeshforu3

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
And OP, SD cards (especially big ones filled with stuff that you are constantly accessing) can bog a phone down and cause all kinds of strange issues, especially on a less powerful phone, and if the card is starting to fail ☹️

There's a reason the industry went away from SD cards, they can cause lots of strange problems that you wouldn't even connect to the card. I've dealt with my share... that's why I quit using them.

In fact my wife had your exact problem on a Kindle tablet that she used the SD card on constantly.... I was getting ready to do a factory reset when I thought, why not pull the SD card out just to rule it out.

Her tablet went from unusable to working perfectly 👍

And the strange thing is the card still seemed to be working okay ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯, just not in that particular tablet 😕, although another card worked fine 🤯

I finally weened her off the cards altogether after she had a bunch of failures in different devices.

Last edited:

rupeshforu3

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Performance is fine in safe mode.

Previously I have used LG G7 plus thinq with the sdcard I am using currently. It has Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor.

It has taken few seconds to load es explorer and it kept background activity of all apps.

At present I have a phone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 780 which is almost equal to LG G7 plus thinq processor.

Previous phone has 6 GB Ram and current phone has 8 GB Ram but still the new phone can't keep Background apps running smoothly.

The software supplied by one plus Nord ce 3 is not good.

At present I have another android tablet called oppo pad air and inserted the same sdcard and it loaded nicely but one plus Nord ce 3 can't.

Adjusting with what I have is the best solution I think so.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana