LG G3 Phone call buzzing isue

A

AC Question

Is anyone else getting this weird noise when you put the phone against your ear.I was on the phone just a minute ago with my Father, and It's like I could hear the internals hissing and making noise. Very annoying. I hope it is not just mine.

Other than this my Verizon G3 has been an amazing upgrade from the Galaxy S3

Matto2007

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes I hear it on 3 different units but apparently I am "crazy" because no one else can hear it. I started a poll and am beginning to wonder if I should seek professional help because no one else hears it... No really I think it's there on all of them but some people just have better hearing than others. Sounds like a crappy isolation issue with the boards and the audio ear speaker.

Jeff-Utah

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I get this as well... sometimes lasts the whole call, sometimes lasts the first 20-30 seconds or so. The best thing I can liken it to is the digital clicks/taps that will be audible when if you had your blackberry too close to a landline or speaker when it was sending its data bursts. I may have to bring mine back to Verizon and ask for another. This is very quiet but is definitely audible and would end up being a showstopper for me, cutting through what would otherwise be a silent, static-free line. :'(

Sunil Dwivedi

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
this is an interference issue. I had 2 phones like this, finally said no for 3rd phone for xperia z3.
it is something to do with the hardware. It seems to be same sort of noise which comes when mobile is brought near to magnet. LG G3 has got some issue and user think that it can be due to network. it is easy for dealer to say that it could be due to network and it is difficult to prove in service center.
Fortunately in my case service center was able to get this without any problem and I could get another Brand phone. I will never buy LG phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Some people can hear much higher frequencies than others. What sounds like dead silence to one person can sound like hissing or buzzing to another. Sometimes the person making the test on the final design of a phone can hear the noise and call for a redesign, sometimes the person doing it can't hear the noise.

It's not a manufacturer thing, it's an individual model thing. And can even be an individual phone thing. What you may hear as noise because the phone has a slight defect, I'd hear as silence, because my hearing barely goes up to 4KHz these says (although I could hear when a TV horizontal oscillator was locked when I was 15, and that's hearing a tiny distortion on a waveform, so I was hearing at least a little [probably 100db down] at around 30KHz).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38