Can I prevent Google's Voice Input from "autocorrecting" what I say?

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I know how to disable autocorrect features for typing, but I don't know how to do the same for Google's voice input (voice-to-text), if it's even possible.

The reason I want to do this is because many times the Google voice input will correctly type out the words that I am saying, and then it will go back and change words. Sometimes it changes things to the complete opposite of what I was trying to say.

For example, I recently was trying to send a text saying "I kinda want to get out of the house", and Google voice input initially typed that in just fine... but then a moment later it went back on its own and change it to "I don't want to get out of the house". It does crap like this to me all of the time and it really gets on my nerves.

Sometimes it also types out words that are either spelled incorrectly or not words at all! ...but that's another issue.

I'd like it to just type out what it thinks I'm saying the first time without going back and changing anything. Is this possible?

Another acceptable workaround would be a replacement voice input engine, preferably while still allowing me to use the stock Samsung GS5 keyboard.