Storage Space Running Out Error

A

AC Question

Hi,

There was around 1.5 GB of memory left on my S5 (No SD card) when I started downloading a couple of apps which were of the the size 1 GB and 150 MB. Half way through, I got this Storage Space Running Out Error, so I stopped the downloads in between. I thought this error would go off, however it didn't. The strange part is, the memory was not released. Now, it shows the available memory is about 450 MB. I saw no signs of any residual files of those apps. I cleared the cache I and I deleted some unwanted files. Now, the error is gone, but I am still trying to figure out where the 1 GB of memory has gone! Please post your views.

Thanks,
Neel

Neel Kupl

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I tried doing it. It did not say 'completed' when I hit on 'wipe cache partition', instead it said 'ERROR' under the Android logo. I rebooted the device and still the lost space wasn't retrieved. I am assuming it did not allow me to wipe cache partition for some reason.

P.S: My Miscellaneous files section in 'Storage' was below 1 GB before I started downloading that app. Now, that section jumped to 2 GB. When I do a rough calculation on how much memory the Misc files actually holds it is coming up to around 600 MB but it actually shows 2 GB!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I've seen posts like this before, but unfortunately, I've never been able to find out the cause--both for the odd Miscellaneous Files issue, and the error when trying to wipe the cache partition. Will keep an eye out for solutions. In the meantime, hopefully someone else has some good ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member