Question Samsung Smart Switch space issues

dgelerin

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
my Samsung A21 is getting quite frustrating to me so I figured it's time to look into a replacement. But, it's been a while since I backed it up, so I went to use Smart Switch and got the dreaded "not enough space" error along with a helpful suggestion that I need to delete 1.25GB before it can work. Now might be a good time to mention that one of my issues with the A21 is lack of space.

Anyway, I already have most of my stuff, even some apps, on the SD card for space reasons, but I start moving more and more over and I'm up to nearly 2GB free finally and SmartSwitch STILL complains that I need to delete 1.25 to make it all work - like I've done nothing! I'm running out of stuff to move and it doesn't even seem to acknowledge that I've moved anything!

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thank you.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a PC or Mac? I use Smart Switch for Windows & perform periodic backups from my phone to my PC. I can then restore all or part to that phone or a new one. There is also a version for Mac. I don't really like to use my phone storage for backups.

It might be worth your time to check into it!
☺️

Reactions: Laura Knotek

dgelerin

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Do you have a PC or Mac? I use Smart Switch for Windows & perform periodic backups from my phone to my PC. I can then restore all or part to that phone or a new one. There is also a version for Mac. I don't really like to use my phone storage for backups.

It might be worth your time to check into it!
☺️
That's exactly what I'm doing. This is happening when I am doing the Smart Switch backup to the PC. I finally got it to do it by cutting out what I'm backing up, but that's not really a great solution long term.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if clearing the cache partition on your A21 would help any. Maybe force stop Smart Switch through app settings & clear the cache of Smart Switch app. If the option is available on the A21, go into the My Files App & run Analyze Storage. Dump the trash bin if there's nothing in there that you need. I just notice I had 531 MB in mine. (Not sure why I'm saving it.)

Then maybe reboot your device & see if your available space is recalculated.

dgelerin

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
I wonder if clearing the cache partition on your A21 would help any. Maybe force stop Smart Switch through app settings & clear the cache of Smart Switch app. If the option is available on the A21, go into the My Files App & run Analyze Storage. Dump the trash bin if there's nothing in there that you need. I just notice I had 531 MB in mine. (Not sure why I'm saving it.)

Then maybe reboot your device & see if your available space is recalculated.
Thank you but been there, done that as well. I finally got it to work by telling it not to back up the message log. I figured that was a huge thing that I can let go

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter