phone was splashed with water

A

AC Question

I had my phone splashed with water there was minimal water inside phone thanks to case but now I cant swipe to unlock screen but can see everything as far as pic, notifications, battery life etc just cant unlock it with swipe, is my phone ruined? the white tag is still white so don't think there is ay water damage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? Are you saying you know some water got inside the phone? It only takes a little bit of moisture to mess things up. I would power down the phone, remove the battery (if possible), and put both in separate ziploc bags full of uncooked rice. Seal the bags, and let them sit overnight. Then try using the phone again the next morning.

bishang

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
If you can't swipe to unlock, that probably means the touch screen doesn't work anymore. I would do what B. Diddy suggested and hope it works.

The water damage indicator isn't red/pink because that wasn't touched by water. Maybe if your phone isn't fixed by getting dried out, you might be able to get a replacement under warranty since they can't say it was water damage..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol