Nexus 4 not detected by computer through USB after 4.4.4 update

SumiGhoshCB

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I have updated my Nexus 4 to latest 4.4.4 but after the update my Windows 7 PC not recognizing the device. I have switched between MTP and PTP but nothing happening.

Did anyone came across the same scenario and fixed this?

wingman25

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I have looked at a significant number of posts over the last 3-4 hours I have spent online scouring for a solution and they all point to letting PC detect something and then pointing the device's driver updater to point to downloaded USB drivers. None of that is relevant because the phone isn't getting detected at all in the PC. I tried to two computers and same thing.
While i plug and unplug other devices the device manager can be seen refreshing. Not when i connect or disconnect the Nexus 4 with 4.4.4 stock.

I tried using a couple of cables and as mentioned on the two computers both with Win 7 (one 32 and other 64 bit)

I tried playing with the MTP or PTP modes along with USB debugging ON/OFF. All combinations of the three settings. No luck.

I even tried to install the driver on the PC using PnPUtil -i -a <InfName>.inf and it seemed to have correctly installed. But still no detection on PC causes the drivers to not be kicked in.

This definitely is an issue with the phone. I even tried booting in safe mode to see if there was anything any app was preventing but no cigar.

ima7up

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with cyanogenmod 11 latest nightly update (8-5-14) for ATT Skyrocket (galaxy s2) phone. Android version 4.4.4. Last android version I had was 4.2, but I did a full wipe before flashing this nightly update.

drivers are updated (re-installed driver pack for Samsung drivers, which worked prior to this update).

Last edited:

Mohitdx

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem since last few days, I'm not able to connect to my laptop. But i am able to connect to other PC's for eg: my college's PC and almost every other Computer.

Peter Brown11

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem as I've seen posted by others. Is there a dependable solution? After switching cords, which was to the same cord (go figure), it worked for one shot, but my computer won't recognize the device, so I can't connect to transfer data from my phone to my computer. Any help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My solution to anything a carrier did to my phone (if you received the update over the air from the carrier) is to bring the phone to the carrier and say, in a much more polite way, "you broke it, you own it". The laws in most countries say the same thing. (The last time it happened to me, I just said, "I just got an update to xxx and the phone started yyy". They couldn't fix it right then and there, so they gave me another, working, phone. This assumes that your phone is always backed up -which it always should be.) Let the carrier worry about why - all you care is that you get the phone back in working condition. (It would be interesting to some of us to know exactly what causes some of these update problems, but knowing isn't getting the phone working.)

Mohitdx

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Nah i didn't get any carrier update or anything.. and it works at my school PC. Also i just reset my phone as well, like 2 days ago and still can't connect to my laptop. so Any easy fix for this ?
I have the same problem as I've seen posted by others. Is there a dependable solution? After switching cords, which was to the same cord (go figure), it worked for one shot, but my computer won't recognize the device, so I can't connect to transfer data from my phone to my computer. Any help?
I can't connect my phone but i'm using FTP via ES explorer and CyberDuck to transfer stuff around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member