Play Store problem

Steven Boardman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

For weeks now I've looked at resolving this problem, to no avail :(

I had speed issues with my phone (HTC Desire - Android 2.2.2)
I Backed up then Factory reset the phone.

I re-added my Google Account, synced everything, and started to re-download my apps

Google decided that my phone was no longer compatible with most (if not all) of the apps, as Play store thinks I still have them on my device.

As I mentioned - my phone has been reset. no apps are listed in my device manager except the default ones.

I try to install the apps and it won't let me as on the app webpage it says: installed.

Any solution?

I've tried:
updating the google account, re-syncing app data
Clearing the google play app data/cache

Play store still thinks this app (and many others) are still installed.

The worst thing about this is that some of these are apps I've actually paid for, and one app I depend on quite alot.

The only thing I can think of is going out and buying a new phone, but even then is there a guarantee google play will let me.... play?

Any help appreciated. thanks

Steve

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this issue posted before a couple of times. Unfortunately the two posters never replied back, so I don't know if it got fixed or how...

If you go to the Play Store on a PC and select any of the apps your phone won't let you install, does it give you the option to Install? Try doing this and see what comes up.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Installed" on the button is just a reminder to you that you installed the app before. Press it and it'll still install the app. (You'll still get the accept/cancel choice first.) I've installed apps dozens of times after getting the Installed button (you tend to do that if you forget to back up an app before flashing a new ROM), with no problem. It works for free or paid apps, as long as you're using the same phone. (It works for free apps on any phone, but paid apps can only be reinstalled on the phone they were originally installed on.)

Steven Boardman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, appreciated.

To the first post - it does not give me the option to install. it shows a green box which says: Installed.
I click this (on the pc) and it says: No eligible devices for app install.

Yet under apps I have never installed before, it shows my device and allows to install.

On apps that definitely work on my phone it says it isn't eligible.

Same phone, same apps, just won't let me install them :(

To the second poster - I understand this, it's just strange how it doesn't work. Same phone, same telephone number, only thing I've done is reset my phone due to suspect virus/speed issues etc.

Steven Boardman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
All the apps are variant, made by different developers. Many apps work on a colleagues same phone with the same version of android.

They seem to not work because - Google Play presumes the app is still installed on my phone.

Any app I've never installed before installs fine.

I try to install it from a web browser on the pc and it says: No eligible devices for app install.
I click where it says this and it then shows my phone device and says - This item is not compatible with your device.

Yet the app is compatible, Google play is just saying it isn't because it thinks it's already installed on that phone...

I would happily go out and buy another phone right now as I've had this phone for a few years now, but sadly I don't have £400 lying around for a new smartphone. :(

Andrew Baxter_00

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing the exact same issue; I have tried using a VPN app and VPN via the web and neither of these work.

Ive checked my location settings and everything appears to be correct (on the various different platforms). Playstore still has BBM app reflected as INSTALLED and I last had a Blackberry 3 phones ago - that would be about 6 years! How is this even possible, especially since I have had an android for the past 6 years.

Any suggestions?

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
😁 Be realistic if this phone HTC-Desire works with Android 2.2.2 and
impair you to install apps is Better to get new phone with latest
settings & updated Android version: Search your Fav-phone