HTC One M8 Clockwordmod removal help

nemexs

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Recently I purchased a new M8 and decided to root; after rooting it I faced a problem of phone constantly restarting and found out it was a problem with SU. Finding no help online I just decided it to screw it, just going to restore to factory settings. Here I faced a problem, it isn't so simple. All I want to know is how can I do it? With removing clockwordmod and installing a factory version of HTC's recovery mode. The problem is that every time I want to install an update it won't let me and just tells me that my phone isn't rooted and asks if I want to root it. When I press no it loads the phone and my phone isn't updated.

Please help me I've been searching everywhere and I have such an insane headache from doing this.

Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) su doesn't cause the phone to restart - unless some app calling su is causing the phone to restart. Find that app and uninstall it. It never runs unless some app (or you, using adb or a terminal app) runs it. Rooting has no effect unless something (you or an app) attempts to obtain root.

2) The recovery has nothing to do with the phone restarting. An Android phone is sort of a dual-boot computer - one OS is Android, the other one is recovery (for the technical purists, yes, I know recovery is Linux with different makeup). Restarting the phone normally starts it in Android. If you want to reinstall .the original Android OS (the stock ROM), get the stock ROM (from HTC's site, I'd guess - I've never had to do it with an HTC) and install that. Which recovery you have installed won't change whether Android boots up properly or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12