4.4.4 my moto g is now very slow on internet loading,

A

AC Question

4.4.4 my moto g is now very slow on internet loading, sometimes won't load pages at all. how can i sort this out or go back to 4.4.2 which worked really well with no problems? many thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this only on the browser, or with any web-connected app? Does it occur on both wi-fi and mobile data? If only on wi-fi, is it just one network, or any wi-fi network?

lifetripper

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem on my Moto G. Using speedtest my download speed is ~ 4.5Mbps but Chrome (or Dolphin) browsers take 20 seconds + to load a simple page. When I first got the phone about a month ago it worked like a charm but now a lot of the time it's unusable for Internet access unless I can get WiFi. I've tried a factory reset but it's made no difference. It's not my service provider as my partner has a Nokia Lumia 630 with the same provider and that is working just fine. I was really pleased when I got the phone, now I'm thinking I've made a mistake.

Rob Smith6

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was just me exactly but the same symptoms. Internet over 3g was fine and for first 3 months but now slowed down drastically as other case. Fine over wi-fi. Not tried a reset yet but assuming there's some kind of memory or cache build up somewhere, but can't identify it toL clear it. Now very frustrated with it, has anyone found out the cause ? Help

lifetripper

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm pretty much certain I found out what the problem was on my phone. After the factory reset I was left with the default apps but as stated in my other post the problem still existed. As a last resort I started removing or disabling apps and disabling the "Spotlight Player" app seems to have done the trick in my case - the phone has been working well for just over two weeks now and I've loaded up a lot of other apps during that time. I'm guessing that although I'd reset the phone it reloaded an update of "Spotlight Player" that did the damage. I really wish manufacturers would stop loading c**p software onto their products - I've had two Android phones now and I'm really pleased with a lot of the features of the OS and it's ecosystem (Play Store etc.) BUT the Windows phone (Lumia 630) my partner's had for a year now has been solid as a rock and if the number of apps in the Windows store get up to a decent value I'll be tempted.

Brigihey

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
I've got the same problem with WiFi. The app mentioned (spotlight player) is not on my phone but a lot of other Google apps that I don't need are and I can't delete them. Any other reason for the slow internet?