How do I get rid of no SIM card notification on my Moto G Power?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How do I get rid of no SIM card notification on my Moto G Power?

There is no SIM card in the phone.

Using it strictly for internet and it is quite annoying to get that message on the notification tray.

How can I disable it so it is not there?

Thanks!

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Put in a SIM card.
Then the OP will get a constant "no service" notification.

I understand the question.

My youngest son used an old phone of mine for a couple of years as a "mini tablet" until he was old enough to have an actual phone with service. And that "no SIM" thing was constant.

But there's no way to get rid of that.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I agree with @joeldf no way to clear that constant notification. For years I have kept an old phone in my garage, connected to Wi-Fi periodically, just as an MP3 player when I am out mowing grass. All you can do is just learn to ignore the "no SIM" message.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're talking about a notification in the notification panel, and not the "No SIM" indicator icon on the right of the status bar, correct?

What happens if you long-press the notification? Tap the gear icon that shows up in the notification and then see if you can turn off that notification channel in the system settings.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Then the OP will get a constant "no service" notification.

I understand the question.

My youngest son used an old phone of mine for a couple of years as a "mini tablet" until he was old enough to have an actual phone with service. And that "no SIM" thing was constant.

But there's no way to get rid of that.
Insert a SIM card with active service.

In case it's not clear, I'm bustin' chops.Although, my suggestion is the only one that will work so far haha.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You're talking about a notification in the notification panel, and not the "No SIM" indicator icon on the right of the status bar, correct?

What happens if you long-press the notification? Tap the gear icon that shows up in the notification and then see if you can turn off that notification channel in the system settings.
I've tried that and it just pulls up the system and there are no notification settings to change there.
Insert a SIM card with active service.

In case it's not clear, I'm bustin' chops.Although, my suggestion is the only one that will work so far haha.
Figured. And yes, that's the only way to get rid of that notice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter