4G signal strenght galaxy s5

Xords

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I just switched from iphone 5 to s5 and it's amazing! Being a android noob i got a question about the 4g signal strenght icon, the internet works great as if it's full but the signal icon is lowest it can be, is it a visual bug? I attached a pic. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-02-14-13-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-02-14-13-52.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 14

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that is weird.Are there ever times when the signal really is bad, so perhaps the bars get stuck on that setting?
How to fix it. Perhaps an app Cached Data wipe? Perhaps a simple Soft Reset even.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I apologise. It's just that you sounded technically savvy and I didn't want to offend with what might have seemed obvious stuff to you.

Having thought a bit more I'm not really very confident that the Cached Data wipe is the right treatment, but you go to Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and select clear. If it does no good, it will do no harm.

Soft Resetting on a Sammy is done thus:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...laxy-S5---perform-a-soft-reset&token=0O0YRrEz

...Or thus:

http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/samsung-galaxy-s5/soft-reset-159/

Posted via Android Central App

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I just switched from iphone 5 to s5 and it's amazing! Being a android noob i got a question about the 4g signal strenght icon, the internet works great as if it's full but the signal icon is lowest it can be, is it a visual bug? I attached a pic. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
Hey man if you want to clear cache, turn your phone off, then press power button, home button, and volume up button simultaneously and wait (its the recovery) scroll down with volume buttons to wipe cache partition and press power button (power button acts as an OK) After wipe reboot your device.