Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Verizon, Continuous reboot

A

AC Question

Howdy,

Issue with my tablet is, it hits about 50% battery life and then continuously reboots. I have been deleting apps, but heck, I don't even have any apps open. Did a full reset today, and still get the issue. I am going to uninstall ALL apps I added, but just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

Thanks,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Before you uninstall all apps, try booting into Safe Mode. I couldn't find specific steps for your tablet, but usually, you press and hold Power until the Power dialog box comes up, then press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt comes up. Tap Ok, and wait for the tablet reboot. While in Safe Mode, see if the problem persists. If it does, then something may be wrong with the firmware, and you may have to contact Samsung.

Whip

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Howdy,

Issue with my tablet is, it hits about 50% battery life and then continuously reboots. I have been deleting apps, but heck, I don't even have any apps open. Did a full reset today, and still get the issue. I am going to uninstall ALL apps I added, but just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

Thanks,

I wanted to reply to this because I didn't find any other record of it anywhere else and it IS a problem indeed.I bought my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 at the end of December 2014 and by the end of January it was unusable.

It started out with a flickering of the screen after a couple weeks of ownership and then the flickering turned into the screen blinking-- then the blinking turned into a full scale shut down of the tablet. Sometimes the tablet would stay off at this point, but other times it would power righgt back up, then would shut down, power up-- leaving it in an endless reboot cycle with no way of stopping it because there was no chance to power the tablet down naturally. When in this cycle the battery is also drained at a tremendous rate.

I eventually contacted Samsung who authorized it to be sent in for repairs, but ended up getting a brand new tablet (most likely a refurbished one, actually) from Verizon Wireless, as that was who I bought the tablet from to begin with.

It is interesting that the only other post I saw with this same issue was from another Verizon Wireless user. Really makes me think that it has something to do with their software installed on the tablet that is causing the problem.

One reason why I believe this is because the flickering/blinking of the screen would only happen once it loaded up to the red Verizon screen during the boot-up process. It doesn't happen when on the screen that says "Samsung" just seconds earlier. If it were really a problem with the screen or the processor solely I don't think it would matter which screen you are on before the problems started occurring. The flickering/blinking/powering down NEVER HAPPENED WHEN I WAS IN RECOVERY MODE, allowing me to believe that it has something to do with software in the device, that once that software loads it causes the problems.

If anyone has any questions about this issue please comment below and I'll help you if I can. Basically you just want to file for a warranty claim, but if you can root the device and get rid of Verizon software it will probably fix the issue that way.

Good Luck...

$850 tablet.... one month... not cool