What is the best way to backup all Android's 4.0 or greater in Enterprise (all models)

A

AC Question

I am trying to come up with a procedure at my company where users with corporate Androids can back up their personal data before they hand the phone back in if they leave the company. The devices are all 4.0 or greater Android OS. Not all the devices will have SD cards. I want to make sure the procedure will backup all data (sms, pictures, videos, music, etc.). Can someone recommend the best method? There are an infinite number of makes/models so I need something that is not necessarily elegant but foolproof.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to come up with a procedure at my company where users with corporate Androids can back up their personal data before they hand the phone back in if they leave the company. The devices are all 4.0 or greater Android OS. Not all the devices will have SD cards. I want to make sure the procedure will backup all data (sms, pictures, videos, music, etc.). Can someone recommend the best method? There are an infinite number of makes/models so I need something that is not necessarily elegant but foolproof.
Most devices have desktop clients that will sync that separate data. The issue would be taking that data from the PC and transferring it to the user via another means. I don't think you can do that. Some apps allow backup to Gmail, so for things like text messages, you can use that and provide them with a copy or allow them to backup to their associated Google accounts.

Other than that, I'm not sure that there is an easy way to backup that data and give it to the users for keeping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith