M8 Verizon update on GSM

A

AC Question

Hi, i suppose Im too lazy to search for an answer for too long so heres my problem. Bought my M8 from the states, got it three times cheaper then in Norway and the phone is working well. But as it seems it cannot update itself on GSM network. Still running 4.2, no extreme battery saving mode and hwo knows what else am i missing. Once HTC Sync Manager did an update out of nowhere that even with my fast connection took about 30 min. but what did it change, have no idea because everything still looks and feels the same. Read from different forums that through Sync you can upgrade it even if its from the states but as i sayd, it didnt work.
So my question, do i have any other options besides rooting my phone? (not worried about loosing the warranty)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Probably not -- If you bought a Verizon phone it will not pull updates from your carrier since, usually in the US, phone are updated through the carrier. Also the Extreme Battery Saving Mode was removed from the Verizon version (by Verizon) if I am not mistaken.