How do I delete photos from auto-backup gallery?

A

AC Question

I want to delete photos & videos from auto back up in gallery of my mobile pl guide

regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you want to delete the Auto-Backup folder completely, both on your phone and in the cloud? Or do you just want to make it disappear from your phone only?

If you don't want the Google+ Auto Backup feature on, open your Photos app, tap Menu, then Settings, then Auto-Backup, and turn the switch to off.

If you just don't want the Auto-Backup folder to appear on your phone, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and uncheck either Picasa, Gallery, or Google Photos (it may vary with the device). Be aware that Google Photos is different from Google+ Photos. The former syncs your Google+/Picasa cloud photos with the stock Gallery, while the latter syncs them with the Google+ Photos app.

If you want to get rid of the folder completely, then go to Google+ Photos on the web, select the Folder view, and delete the folder there. If it doesn't disappear from your Gallery app immediately, go to Settings>Apps>All (or the App Manager if you have Samsung), select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then force stop. When you open Gallery again, the database will rebuild, this time without the Auto-Backup folder.

Karen Fairweather

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (tablet) and following your advice to click applications manager>all>gallery (then clear cache, data etc.) I am not seeing "gallery"
the list of Apps shown include Firefox, Flipboard, Galaxy Apps, Gmail, Google+ etc. etc. but no "Gallery".
From the list being offered in application manager, I have tried clicking on "Galaxy Apps" to find Gallery but it's not there either
Any suggestions please?