How do I fix battery drain issue on my Nexus 5?

A

AC Question

Hey guys,

My nexus 5 battery is draining crazy!. I left my phone for about 6 hours and it was drained about 12%. I have turn off the vibration, wifi,mobile data, nfc, bluetooth, screen brightness and timeout and using art instead of dalvik. My nexus 5 isn't rooted and i use standard wallpaper. I have this problem since i did factory data reset on my phone. I am using juice defender and wake lock detector. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Battery saving apps like Juice Defender can sometimes be counterproductive and end up using more battery, especially if they're killing apps automatically. Those apps may be opening again in the background, only to be killed again. This endless cycle costs battery. I would try uninstalling Juice Defender temporarily and see if there is any difference.

Also, it would be helpful to see your battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html