Should I update my phone or not?

theaskero

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Should i update my phone or not

Hi guys, i have an Samsung Galaxy Trend, and currently i have Android 4.0.4..
I've noticed that is much slower than before somehow.. I factory restored my phone (and it got a bit faster) but i know it was faster than this when i bought it.
I want to upgrade to 4.2.2... is it worth to do that?
Which is better 4.0.4 or 4.2.2??? And will 4.2.2 slow down my phone even more or make it a bit faster?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Should i update my phone or not

I would say yes go for the update. I can't say for certain exactly what will change in the update for you but as a general rule of thumb newer updates are better in the long run. More security, more tweaks and also support for the latest apps.

The speed at which your phone will perform at is dependent on the processor and RAM in the device, not always the fault of an OS version/update. Usually the OEM and/or carrier will not bother with supporting a device with a newer form of OS if they feel it has hurt the performance to the consumer. We have seen this plenty times in the past where Samsung or other OEM's have pulled device support because after extensive testing it was shown the update would overall hurt the performance rather than improve it.

theaskero

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Should i update my phone or not

Okey thanks for the info.
However i have two more questions.
1. How should i update it? From Samsung Kies or Odin? I have no idea what Odin is but i've seen it many times when people update their phones.

2. IF, lets say if i don't like 4.2.2 and IF it slows down my phone even more, is it possible to downgrade it somehow back to 4.0.4?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad