Contact settings??

A

AC Question

Have had a S5 for couple months now and im loving it, only problem is in my contacts list it has so many contacts from other sources (Google+, Hotmail, etc...)

Question, how do i get my contacts to show only my phone numbers on sim and nothing else, my contacts list was pretty cluttered with useless contacts i havent seen in years..

hope this is clear, thanks!

Dchl

May 1, 2014
Visit site
If you want to clear out the extra contacts in an extremely easy way, try this app:
Duplicate Contacts - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.accaci&hl=en&token=TG5HVZR8
This app will clear your duplicate contacts for you!

If you would like to pick and choose contacts and merge some, this is what you're going to want to do:
Open Contacts > Click on a Contact that is duplicate > Click the menu button > Click Link >
Choose contacts to merge

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Go your contacts settings, and find 'Contacts to Display'. This will list where all your contacts are coming from. You should be able to select SIM, to only display those contacts from your SIM card. In my G3, it was under settings, then select Contacts to Display.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hint:

Only contacts entered as Google Contacts will be backed up to Google. If your SIM card goes bad, and you don't have your SIM contacts backed up somewhere else, they're gone. If you're keeping them on your SIM so you can have them on whichever phone you use, any phone set up with your Google account will sync your Google contacts, you con't have to carry them around on your SIM. (It's 2014, not 2004.)

jatinpatel

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Okay here goes:
I have linked my Gmail account to Linkedin, Hotmail and skype. The problem I have is the following. I manuall added in a large mount of contacts on my phone, merged contacts in hotmail and also merged contacts on my phone together. But when I formatted my phone to root the phone and install a custom rom my Gmail -> people only shows contacts from a month ago and not recently.
Can somebody help to explain why no recent contacts have been pulled through?
thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most likely because the contacts that aren't showing up were entered (or merged) as Device contacts, not Google contacts. Only Google contacts get synced. (Also, if you turn off Contacts sync, in Settings/Accounts, changes to your contacts won't get synced.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non