How to stop Google from sharing pictures?

A

AC Question

What's up guys so today I went to my Google account and went to my photos and it surprised me all my photos were online and now I found out Google shares all the pictures that I take. I want to know how to stop it, I already turned off the thing that supposedly uploads them on the Google plus settings but it still uploads the photos to my Google account and it's annoying me because there's pictures that you just want to keep to yourself but it's sharing them. How do I disable or stop the pictures of being taken to Google.

IA really pissing me off that Google seems it doesn't respect people privacy, tell me how to make it stop. If there's no option someone should sue them because honestly they are not respecting people privacy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You are always in complete control over the photos that you upload to Google+--you just have to make sure you pick the correct sharing options when you do so. Just because the photos are in your Google+ albums doesn't mean everyone can see it. Go to Google+ Photos on your computer browser, click on More, and then click Albums. In Album view, you can see a little icon at the lower right corner of each album--this tells you how photos are being shared. A globe means it's public. Two circles means it's being shared to certain contacts (the circles refer to Google+ Circles). A padlock means they're not shared. You can also select an individual photo and maximize it to see its details. Look under your account username in the upper right--you'll see if the photo is public or private. If it says "Shared Privately," click it, and you'll see who it's shared with.

To change who the album is shared with, go to the Album view, click on the dropdown menu at the upper right, and click Sharing Options.

If you're really this upset with Google, I doubt you'll find that other companies are much better with privacy issues. You have control over much of this, but you also have to understand how it works to maximize your privacy.

Richard0656

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
None of this information seems correct. When I go to albums on the webpage there are no icons in the bottom right hand corner of the albums. There is no drop down menu either. I have followed these above instructions to the letter and nothing works. The problem that I am having is that when I take a photo with my Google 5 phone I get a message that says this is being shared publicly. I do not want them shared at all. How do I stop this?

Der_Bischof

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
Richard,
Go to Google Photos (on your phone). Once open, there should be a menu option in the top left corner (three horizontal bars stacked on top of each other). Click there. Near the middle it should show any shared folders etc. Click there to remove the shared info. Just found it today as I had the same problem as you. Good luck.