Why is my battery life draining so fast?

A

AC Question

why is my battery life draining so fast and other problems

ive been using my HTC one m8 for two weeks now and i noticed that it gets really warm and for the last 3 days my battery drains really fast! there's is another problem that ive had from day one.... my phone saves/downloads all the photos that i see... and even photos that i dont know where they come from every day it saves around 600 photos and when i press on them they are extremely small and i can't zoom on them
i would really appreciate it if you could give me some help thanks a lot!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my battery life draining so fast and other problems

Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

The photos you're seeing sound like thumbnails. Your browser and/or some app may be caching a lot of thumbnails (depending on what the app does), which can show up in your Gallery app. What do the images look like? Do they look like personal avatars? If you play social games, the app might cache a lot of players' avatars.