How do I uninstall the smart app lock without the password?

A

AC Question

how to uninstall smart app lock without the password?

normal uninstall app. doesn't work.
the route --> Security---> device admn.---> uncheck 'Smart app lock' doesn't work.
as it takes you to password screen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to uninstall smart app lock without the password?

normal uninstall app. doesn't work.
the route --> Security---> device admn.---> uncheck 'Smart app lock' doesn't work.
as it takes you to password screen.

If you don't have the password I don't think you will be able to remove it. You may want to contact the developer to see if they can help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If the developer gives you a way to do it, I'd mark the app as being insecure. The idea of a passworded screen is that if you don't have the password, you can't get in. (If you forget the password, that's your fault - you should have a password app, with a data file in the cloud, that you can access from any device you own. So you use a laptop to look up the password for your phone screen. (That way you can have a single complex password to get to all the others. Use a 20 character mixed upper- and lower-case alpha, numeric and punctuation password and no one but the NSA is going to waste the effort it would take to break it. [That's military strength.])

That's also why you should never leave home with USB debugging enabled. Anyone who finds the phone can delete the pattern/PIN/password file and get into your phone. (If you need USB debugging on a lot when you're at home, use Tasker to automate enabling and disabling it. It can also automate using the locking screen when out and having the phone completely unlocked at home.)

cici2

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I know this post is old but the problem still exists for others. So here isthe answer
go to settings
administrators
uncheck or remove smart lock from being a administrator
restart phone
go to play store and search smart app lock
click on the installed one
uninstall
all apps will be unlocked and smart app removed. You can now reinstall and none of settings will be saved and you can even use same pins AND THIS TIME NOT HIDE THIS APP

Auston Godbey

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
how do u uninstall the dam app CM app ..its nothing but trouble and its a scam in my opioin It does not work for my sister it does not work for her and it messed up her phone it will not uninstall and she can not get into anything and it has everything on it HOW DO U UNINSTALL IT PLEASE WE NEED TO KNOW

Lance91

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
We have the pin and still cant deactivate the app and force stop and the uninstall won't light up we have tryed everything we can the smart lock app will not do anything on my tablet and no icon showed on screen or in app pages its only in settings

Last edited:

JadeRain

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

U need to go into setting s and go into the security setting and look for administrators or device administrators and see if the app is there and on, if it is turn off then go in and uninstall it.

JadeRain

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

Like the original post says but if u dont uninstall the app it will self turn on agin and the problem will just happen all over agin.

simplycliff

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Dear Admin,

Trust this mail finds you well.
Am using a Nokia XL Phone. This morning i mistakenly lock my phone with the Applock Advance Protection.
Please how can i uninstall the app lock without the password?

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Thank You.

Pius Clifford

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez