My Galaxy S4 battery drains fast

WickedSharkz

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
When i first bought the phone, it lasts like 10hrs or more even if i play games (It's been 2 months). Now, It only lasts for about 4-7 hours. Is it because i always let the battery down to 1% and still playing while charging? Or what? Please help! I would really like to get my old battery life back

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it because i always let the battery down to 1%
Probably. That shortens the life of the battery drastically. For longest battery life, the ideal charging point is around 40%-60%. (See Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries)

As far as charging it while playing games, if the phone is charging while you're playing, it's charging. It's charging more slowly than if it were off, but it's charging. But if the game is using more current than the phone is drawing from the charger, the battery is actually discharging, even though the charger is plugged in.

WickedSharkz

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Probably. That shortens the life of the battery drastically. For longest battery life, the ideal charging point is around 40%-60%. (See Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries)

As far as charging it while playing games, if the phone is charging while you're playing, it's charging. It's charging more slowly than if it were off, but it's charging. But if the game is using more current than the phone is drawing from the charger, the battery is actually discharging, even though the charger is plugged in.

Thanks, man!!

WickedSharkz

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok another questions came into my mind

x What's the minimum point to charge your battery so it doesnt decrease its life?

x Will using the phone while charging damage the battery?

x Is it ok if i charge it then5 mnts later plug it out, then 2 mnts later charge and repeats ? Does it damages the battery?

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm no expert Wicked, but I'd just like to say you could drive yourself mad trying to use your battery in the optimum way....trying to keep it between 40% and 80% charge and so on. I generally drop to about 20-30% before charging, and then use the phone while it's charging. When it tells me it's reached 100%, I may or may not unplug, but if I do unplug and continue to use I'll then top it up later before unplugging for the night. What all this does for battery life I don't know, and don't really care very much....I can always buy a new battery as and when necessary.

Posted via Android Central App

WickedSharkz

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm no expert Wicked, but I'd just like to say you could drive yourself mad trying to use your battery in the optimum way....trying to keep it between 40% and 80% charge and so on. I generally drop to about 20-30% before charging, and then use the phone while it's charging. When it tells me it's reached 100%, I may or may not unplug, but if I do unplug and continue to use I'll then top it up later before unplugging for the night. What all this does for battery life I don't know, and don't really care very much....I can always buy a new battery as and when necessary.

Posted via Android Central App

Okay thanks... that helped me out a lot:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss