Question does a charging cable can be bought that only charges at 1amp? usb to micro usb

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
hi i have a samsung galaxy 7 and even if it tolerates 3amp, we know charging a lower amps prolongs the life of the battery wich is already getting old.
i do have a power bank with a usb output of 2.4Amp and when charging with that it is so fast that i fell it can damage the cellphone.

I do know that we can buy a wall plug that limits to 1amp but i what to charge from my battery bank.

So is there such a thing as a cable usb to micro usb that limits the current to 1amp? the shorter the cable the better.

thank you everyone

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only time I had a cable like that, it was a no name dollar store cable and it didn't last. Even if the wires didn't break, they were so thin (the reason for the slow charging) that it could have been a fire hazard.

Yes you are right that charging slower helps prolong battery life, but only to a point. Ideally you want to charge at a rate equal to the battery's capacity. The S7 has a 3,000 mAh battery, so the best charging rate for it would be 3,000 mA, or 3 A. Going below that wouldn't hurt, but the benefit from that would be negligible, and your current 2.4 A battery bank would be fine to use.

Besides, the phone is about 7 years old now. You are at greater risk of lost capacity due to aging than the charge rate at this point. I'm sure you're already experiencing some degradation from that, and charging slower isn't going to help that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter