Whys isn't my power button responding?

A

AC Question

Power button not responding

My samsung galaxy trend got water damaged and now it works but the power button doesnt respond

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Power button not responding

"Put your phone in rice" is the best way to ensure that it's going to die soon. It's probably too late now, but read Wet Phone. (I've saved hundreds of wet phones over the years, including where "wet" meant "an unflushed toilet" - which is why I always had elbow-length industrial gloves in the shop.)

The reason the power button isn't working is most likely that the switch it presses got damaged by some of the contaminants in the water, and has to be replaced. (Pure water doesn't damage phones - it doesn't conduct electricity. It's the minerals, dirt, salt and other stuff that does the damage.)

Once a repair shop opens the phone, they'll probably tell you that so much has to be replaced (basically everything but the case and frame) that it's cheaper to buy a new phone. Copy off ALL data now, while you can.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Power button not responding

Put your phone in rice and leave it there for some time (a night?)
Rice absorbs water.

Try booting it after

I always used to recommend the rice or silica gel method, until Rukbat explained the relative worthlessness of it. His article is worth reading....just in case.
I now post a link to it in threads posted by owners whose phones and water have ceased to be strangers to each other. In nearly all cases, I suspect, it is too late by that time.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo