Can Someone Help Me Root My Android Phone?

KidneyBeans18

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I've spent weeks searching, trying, and failing, and I still can't find a solution, so I'm turning here.

I'm a HUGE n00b13 when it comes to this, so teach me with the kid gloves.

The phone I need *DIRECT* directions on how to root is this Motorola Luge.

The Luge is basically just like the RAZR but it's smaller, and only comes in KitKat, so I have, you guessed it, KitKat. (Also, according to some programs, my phone's processor or something [sorry if I sound stupid here, again, new to this whole phone root thing] is called scorpion_mini.

Model Number: XT907

Sorry if that isn't enough info, but that's all I got. So sorry. If anyone can help me, I'd be entirely grateful. I'm tired and it's late and I want this done already. Thank you.

I would post a link to a picture, but I haven't posted 10 times >~<

Just go on Google images and search, Motorola Luge, it's (mostly) white, small, thin, and the back in black with the camera up top and a Motorola symbol in the middle. Thanks.

P.S. PLEASE, VERRRY SPECIFIC INSTRUCTION,(or questions for further detail) I'M DUMB.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
According to what I can see, the phone comes with Android 4.4.4 (KitKat comes in 4.4.2, 4.4.3 and 4.4.4), and I don't know if there's a rooting method for Motorola for 4.4.4 yet. Check in the section for the specific phone (when one becomes available - or look at RAZR M forums, it's pretty much a rebranded M) to see if anyone has come up with a save and reliable way of rooting it on 4.4.4. (Read entire threads, not just the first post - later down the thread there may be loads of posts about how this particular method killed ["bricked", or "turned it into an expensive brick"] the phone.)

If there's nothing available yet (4.4.4 is pretty new, so developers are still looking for way to root various phones), keep watching. (It took many months before the Note 3 on 4.4.1 could be rooted.)

vc2

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a Motorola Luge from Radio Shack

Android Version: 4.4.2 (It's not 4.4.4)
System Version: 184.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Kernel Version: 3.4.42-g562f212
dbbuild(at)ca88lnxdroid25 #1
Wed Aug 6 05:00:52 PDT 2014

Towel Root produces a not supported message.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The exploit that Towel Root was patched around June, 2014. Since your kernel was built in August, it's most likely patched.

You'll have to wait until someone figures out a way to root the patched kernel or something for that particular phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo