My Samsung Galaxy s3 died?

Kaelstrom

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
My phone was still on this morning and the battery had about 70% life remaining. I went to my class and I was actually still using it. So after an hour or so, I checked my phone again to find that it was dead. It won't fully turn back on.

I tried removing and putting back the battery, but it only vibrates and shows the logo then dies again. Tried charging it w/battery, won't turn on and doesn't even show that its charging. Tried charging it without the battery, it vibrates then small red light appears briefly, then dies. I couldn't access Download mode and Recovery mode either.

I tried my friend's battery as well, but to no avail. I'm 100% sure that we both had an S3 and that his battery was compatible with mine.

My phone has been already turning off on its own in the last two months, usually 1-2 or times a day. It didn't really bother me that much so I didn't try to get it checked. It only got worse today when it actually died for good. :/

I know this question has been asked already, but I couldn't find a clear answer on those other threads. Is this the SDS thing I've been hearing about? Is there anymore method/way I could try to possibly revive my phone? Or should I just go straight to Samsung and get this replaced?

Not sure if these matter, but here's some additional info:
Model: SGH-T999
FCC ID: A3LSGHT999

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A problem with the power button or associated circuitry, perhaps?

When you tried your friend's battery, did you get zero response, or the partial response you were getting with your own battery?

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I think you're going to have to get that diagnosed....it sounds to me like a hardware problem. Probably not the SDS because I believe that an update patch took care of that some time ago.
It may be worth reposting the problem in the Galaxy S3 forum first where others more familiar with the device may be able to help.
Anyway, good luck with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds exactly like water damage (which can happen if you bring an ice cold phone into a warm humid place, it doesn't have to be dropped into a lake). Vibrating when you plug the charger in with no battery eliminates the battery and points to some corrosion inside the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch