How can I get my phone working after dropping it in the toilet( S3)?

A

AC Question

Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini in the toilet! Phone works fine, just One problem...

I dropped my phone down the toilet today. I was in the local supermarket toilets so I didn't have any rice. So I went to the hand dryer and blew it on my phone. The phone started to work so I went back out to my mum. Then I told her the story and I pulled my phone out of my pocket to show her it was working, then the phone wouldn't turn on! So I went back to the toilets and used the hand dryer again and pulled the phone apart. It eventually started working again. Though there's one problem, when I went to lock the phone, it would just turn back on again. So I can't lock my phone! What should I do?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini in the toilet! Phone works fine, just One problem...

Thanks, Belodion. To the original poster, the phone has loads of impurities in it now (chemicals, minerals, etc.), If you're lucky, a few (like 5 or 110) soakings and swishings in alcohol may clean it enough to keep it running until you want to replace it.

I don't know where the "uncooked rice" nonsense got started, but that's one of the easiest ways to kill a wet phone. (The only easier way is to drop it back into the water after making sure it's turned on.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781