Can I recover photos deleted after a factory reset from internal memory of Samsung S4?

A

AC Question

Can I recover photos deleted after a factory reset from internal memory of Samsung S4

Is it possible to recover photos that are deleted due to a factory reset on a Samsung S4? I red on different forums that the first step is to ROOT the phone and run special software to get the photos back, is this true? Is it worth to ROOT the phone and try several programs to get deleted photos back ? I will not begin with rooting the phone unless there is a chance to get the photos back.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I recover photos deleted after a factory reset from internal memory of Samsung S4

Welcome to Android Central! I think the chances are very slim to none, even with rooting and using various recovery programs like PhotoRec, DiskDigger, or Recuva. I would be cautious about any posts extolling the virtues of a photo recovery program, because many of them are pretty obvious advertisements written by people from the company.

Whether or not you should try to do this depends on how precious those photos were. In the future, make sure your photos are frequenty backed up. Consider turning on Google+ Auto Backup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty