Can hands free calling be used with lock screen?

A

AC Question

I have the S5. Can't use S voice or google voice when phone is locked and using bluetooth headset. Have to wake up from the phone first which defeats the purpose of hands free dialing. Option for wakeup when in lock screen has disappeared and didn't seem to work when I did set it prior to it being removed. Is there any way for this to work? Works fine when no security on phone but that doesn't seem like the way to go.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you open Google Now, formally Google Search, then go to your options there maybe an option for always listening. For me it's Settings>Voice>"OK Google" Detection. From there I have 3 checkboxes that in combination may allow you to enable always listening, which includes an option from the lock screen. It warns you that enabling this option will defeat your lock screen and may allow others to access your device. You would still have to press the power button to wake the phone but no other input would be needed. Besides saying "OK Google" and then speaking your commands, i.e. Call, Open, etc. etc.

As for your Bluetooth device, most have a button that you can press to wake the phone. Now this may not defeat your lock screen and while I've never tried it with Google Now if the device is awake I would imagine changing your Google Now settings to always listening and enabling them for the lock screen would give the same result as if you had pressed the power button to wake the phone and saying "OK Google".

TXDH

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. In looking through everything, the OK Google from lock screen option is greyed out. Do you know if there is some other setting that must be made before being able to use the lock screen option? Otherwise, its beginning to look as if they only way to use a bluetooth is either by manually waking the phone up first or removing the lock PIN.

wezpat

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
If you go to ok google then to settings then language and change it to American English it will show you options to get the voice commands in lock screen Best of luck

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz