Battery dying while charging

rejectedpotato

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I know it has something to do with my wire but I don't know nothing about electricity n' stuff. Is there a way to see how much power is going into my phone through the wire? And what should it be
? I have a galaxy s4 (SGH-1337M)

http://imgur.com/fJXfbYk

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy Charging Current Lite will show you the charging current, but it won't show you how much of that is being used to charge the battery and how much is being used to run th phone. (For instance, if the phone is using 700mA and the charge current is 600mA, you're draining 100mA out of the battery every hour - with the charger plugged in. If the charger weren't plugged in you'd be draining 700mA from the battery every hour.)

Charge the phone overnight with the phone turned off. If it hasn't recharged by morning, there's a problem. If it has there isn't.

rejectedpotato

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I noticed for some reason when charging it is slowly draining less/charging more over time
Ex: when I plug it in it is discharging ten minutes later it is finally charging but very slowly and then about another 10 minutes later it is charging at an acceptable speed. My battery also drains at about 5%/h which is pretty bad and it has been going on since I updated my firmware but the discharging while plugged in hasn't been a problem sense yesterday. Its not a problem with an app or my cache.

Posted via the Android Central App