Why does my phone keep saying the LG Keyboard has stopped working?

Samantha Cormier

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Phone keeps saying LG Keyboard has stopped working.

I can't type at all on my phone. I have tried looking in my apps for LG Keyboard and it's not in my apps. I've tried going in my settings and it won't even let me open it in my settings it closes it and pops up saying LG Keyboard has stopped working. I've tried turning it off, restarting it, and taking the battery out. Nothing is helping!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone keeps saying LG Keyboard has stopped working.

Welcome to Android Central! Which LG phone do you have, and which version of Android is it running?

Go to Settings>Apps>All--can you find LG Keyboard listed there? If you don't see it, scroll all the way to the bottom to see if it's listed there as Disabled. If so, tap it and tap Enable. Depending on your Android version, there might be a separate Settings>Apps>Disabled list, so check there as well if you see it.

A workaround would be to go to Google Play Store and install another keyboard, like Google Keyboard or Swiftkey. Then go to Settings>Language & Input, and make that your default keyboard.

Gretchen Fidler

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

I have this problem now; 3/15/2015! I've tried the above steps; however, am unable to resolve this issue. Maybe they just want us to buy a new phone or refurbished phone to keep revenue coming in? I wish I could get help. Going to a nearby Walmart and hopefully there will be an Associate willing and smart enough to assist a consumer/customer!

Alley Spirit

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site

I can't type at all on my phone. I have tried looking in my apps for LG Keyboard and it's not in my apps. I've tried going in my settings and it won't even let me open it in my settings it closes it and pops up saying LG Keyboard has stopped working. I've tried turning it off, restarting it, and taking the battery out. Nothing is helping!!!!

Chuck McCormick1

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
It can be very frustrating to look for your Apps sometimes, but I assure you it's all there. Once inside the App manager, scroll to the right, you will first pass through Downloaded, Running, All, and at the very right is DIsabled. First check through All, and if you can't see it there then it must be in Disabled. How it got disabled is another matter, it won't do it automatically.

Upon seeing LG Keyboard you need to Force Stop it first (ignore the warning) then Clear Data and Clear Cache just to be sure. Restart and see if it functions properly then. My sister had me "fix" it after downloading Google Keyboard. Try to uninstall that and remove updates of it.

Chuck McCormick1

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

It can be very frustrating to look for your Apps sometimes, but I assure you it's all there. Once inside the App manager, scroll to the right, you will first pass through Downloaded, Running, All, and at the very right is DIsabled. First check through All, and if you can't see it there then it must be in Disabled. How it got disabled is another matter, it won't do it automatically.

Upon seeing LG Keyboard you need to Force Stop it first (ignore the warning) then Clear Data and Clear Cache just to be sure. Restart and see if it functions properly then. My sister had me "fix" it after downloading Google Keyboard. Try to uninstall that and remove updates of it.

katbad12

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I keep getting this message on and off, and when I don't get it, the letters/#s on my qwerty keyboard are blank. I tried doing the Settings, LG Keyboard, etc idea, but it is not an available option to select as my option. All is shows is the voice response option. I would prefer not to do a total reset and lose everything I have in their already in apps, phone contacts, etc. Please help?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting this message on and off, and when I don't get it, the letters/#s on my qwerty keyboard are blank. I tried doing the Settings, LG Keyboard, etc idea, but it is not an available option to select as my option. All is shows is the voice response option. I would prefer not to do a total reset and lose everything I have in their already in apps, phone contacts, etc. Please help?

Welcome. :)

If only as a test, try downloading another keyboard from the Play Store.

It would also be a good idea to do a thorough Backup. Let us know if you need advice about how to do that.

Hachey79

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Which LG phone do you have, and which version of Android is it running?

Go to Settings>Apps>All--can you find LG Keyboard listed there? If you don't see it, scroll all the way to the bottom to see if it's listed there as Disabled. If so, tap it and tap Enable. Depending on your Android version, there might be a separate Settings>Apps>Disabled list, so check there as well if you see it.

A workaround would be to go to Google Play Store and install another keyboard, like Google Keyboard or Swiftkey. Then go to Settings>Language & Input, and make that your default keyboard.

My husband has tried every suggestion on several related posts. He has a secondary keyboard and is trying that as well but the lg keeps popping up and won't allow him to use the backup. When he does find it in apps he clicks it and it disappears.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! By secondary keyboard, do you mean a 3rd party keyboard app? If so, go to Settings>Apps, select LG Keyboard, and Disable it. Hopefully this will get rid of the error messages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo