How can I add additional abilities to default sms app in android?

l4stn4v4j0

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Example:
I want to send some sms to a friend and type my text inside my default sms app view. Now i would like to have a simple way to change that text before i send it. For example I hold finger for few seconds on screen, get menue with some options (provided by my own app), and select option to make all text UPPER_CASE. After that my text i default app changes to upper_case and i can send it as i am used to.

How can I do it using android sdk? What are keywords I should search for?
Are there any interfaces that enable programmer to add additional functionalities to other apps?
Thanks in advance!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Example:
I want to send some sms to a friend and type my text inside my default sms app view. Now i would like to have a simple way to change that text before i send it. For example I hold finger for few seconds on screen, get menue with some options (provided by my own app), and select option to make all text UPPER_CASE. After that my text i default app changes to upper_case and i can send it as i am used to.

How can I do it using android sdk? What are keywords I should search for?
Are there any interfaces that enable programmer to add additional functionalities to other apps?
Thanks in advance!
That's an interesting request. Have you tried the Developer forum to see if anyone in there could assist?

Take a look here and see if anyone can help you out: Android Developers - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463