If I reset my unlocked phone will I have to unlock it again?

cheezz

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked Galaxy Note II (SGH-I317) Questions

I am new on the subject of "unlocked" phones so please bear with me.
I got a Galaxy Note II from my daughter so I requested the unlock code from AT&T and got it unlocked successfully. My current carrier is Tmobile.
a. If I reset it to factory settings how will the phone be affected? Do I have to unlock it again?
b. The phone has firmware 4.1.2. How do I update it to the current version? Thru tmobile, at&t, or thru Kies?
I sure would appreciate any help I can get here. TIA

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlocked Galaxy Note II (SGH-I317) Questions

Hi there,

a) Once the phone is unlocked properly, it doesn't matter if you do a factory reset, the unlock code should stick.
b) If the update is available, I'd suggest to try to update via WiFi or via Kies while the phone is still under AT&T. In theory it shouldn't matter, but why add variables to the update, right? Just go into the ABOUT PHONE section of your settings, select the update option and it should start the download if it finds a valid update.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlocked Galaxy Note II (SGH-I317) Questions

If Settings/General/About Device/Software update doesn't update it, bring itin to an AT&T Device Support Center (ask your local store where the nearest one is - it may be in the rear of that store) and ask them if they can flash an update later than 4.1.2 for you. (If anything goes wrong, it's their problem, not yours.) Of course, back everything up first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer