Question Galaxy A11 - Trying to unlock from lockdown mode

Ouroboros

Feb 21, 2024
Visit site
Galaxy A11 (Android 10) ... Accidentally clicked on lockdown mode, but upon entering PIN to unlock, the screen just changed from my custom wallpaper to a default one then kept alternating back'n forth between two default wallpapers (with a sec or two of dark in-between) was entering (%100 correct) PIN but wouldn't unlock.

At first it didn't say incorrect PIN, it seemed to accept it but just kept doing the weird loop thing as per above but without unlocking (never got to see icons appear etc.). So, I tried a restart (because it wasn't unlocking just doing the above) but now its saying "Incorrect PIN" when I try entering what I definitely know is the correct PIN.

I have the phone showing up in Samsung Find my phone and Google Find my Device, but in both there's no unlock option.

At first, I couldn't even restart or shutdown as it asks for PIN, but I have managed to button press reboot to Safe mode but from here I still can't see or access any menu options as its still asking for PIN (even though I'm definitely in Safe mode) ... I can't even choose factory reset at this point even though it shows Safe mode in the lower left corner ...

I'm stumped (I've RTFM my best to find an answer) I'd like to unlock my phone without factory reset, loss of data if at all possible so any help would be very much appreciated, cheers ... TIA

Ouroboros

Feb 21, 2024
Visit site
All good ... did another button press restart WITHOUT holding vol to toggle Safe mode and started in normal mode, entered PIN and it worked! go figure. maybe restarting to Safe mode then restarting again to regular mode fixed the issue? 🤔 hopefully this might help anyone experiencing the same problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000