Why is my Motorola Droid Razr(XT912) hanging/freezing in a strange way?

Inshaal Tahir

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Motorola Droid Razr(XT912) hangs/freezes in a strange way

I have a Motorola Droid Razr. It hangs/freezes in a strange way.

Mostly when I press the lock/power button the phone hangs/freezes. The lights of the buttons(Option, home, back and search button) below the screen stays on and the screen light goes off and the phone becomes unresponsive.

This happens when the phone is going to sleep mode automatically or manually.

I am running Android 4.1.2. I have not installed custom ROM or anything like that. I don't have much apps installed. I have almost 300-350 RAM available all the time.

This happened a month ago but the phone started working properly after 2-3 days. But now its not.

It never hangs/freezes during working. Tried complete restoring and running in safe mode but did not find any difference.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Razr(XT912) hangs/freezes in a strange way

1) The amount of RAM you have available in Android isn't the same as it should be in Windows. Any RAM not being used is RAM being wasted. The question is how much internal storage do you have free?

2) You may have to back everything up and reflash the (stock) ROM.

Inshaal Tahir

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Razr(XT912) hangs/freezes in a strange way

Thanks for replying.

1)Well, I have only 600 mb being used. About 6 GB is free.

2) Will I have to take it back to Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread)? Because its the stock OS version for my phone.

Ash Imran

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
i dnt know wt happend to my motorola droid xt912 black screen not showing any thing i pres the power button bt no response ...like it is powered off bt wen cal on my motorola fron another mob cal is going bt motorola is nt ringing ,,,,,,i dnt know wt happend..kindly rply if u hv any solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergio1